Effective Date: 31st August, 2012
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, BY CLICKING THE “Sign Up” BUTTON, BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE OR SERVICES, OR BY POSTING OR ACCESSING ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE, SERVICES OR SOCIAL NUMBER CONTENT.
- You must be 18 years or older to use the Site and Services.
- You are responsible for all content you post via the Site and Services (See additional terms regarding your “User Content” below).
- Contacting or interacting with other users on the Site is entirely your choice. If you wish to opt out of any interactions or enable any restrictions on your Social Number account, update your Privacy Settings and make the appropriate selections. If the available options do not meet your needs, your only recourse to further limit your interactions is to terminate your account.
- You may not use the Social Number Site or Services to abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate anyone. If you become aware that a user is engaging in prohibited activity, please report such activity to Customer Support.
- If your Social Number account is terminated for any reason, you may not create another Social Number account without our express prior written permission to do so.
Social Number reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, discontinue or terminate the Site or Services at any time without prior notice.
Eligibility and Access
The Site, Services and Social Number Content are intended solely for persons who are 18 or older. Any access to or use of the Site, Services and Social Number Content by anyone under 18 is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the Site, Services and Social Number Content you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older. Your profile may be deleted without warning, if it is found that you are misrepresenting your age. You are not eligible to use the Site and or Services if you are:
- Under 18 years of age
- A convicted sex offender
In order to access certain features of the Site and Services and to post any User Content (defined below) on the Site or through the Services, you must register to create a Social Number account and become a “Registered User”. To have a unique Social Number assigned to you, you must become a Registered User. Users must provide the following information to create an account: a valid email address, and valid birth date used to confirm that you are at least 18 years of age. Once you have provided your complete and accurate information, you will generate a Social Number and a password.
You are responsible for safeguarding your password. You are advised to maintain the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party and to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Social Number account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You are responsible for ensuring that you logout from your account at the end of each session. You will immediately notify Social Number in writing of any unauthorized use of your Social Number account or any other breach of security.
In order to use the Site and Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted during registration, and (b) maintain and promptly update your registration to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Social Number has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Social Number has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site and Service (or any portion thereof).
Certain types of content are made available through the Site and Services. “Social Number Content” means the text, data, graphics, images, photos, video or audiovisual content, hypertext links and any other content made available through the Site and Services, excluding User Content. “User Content” means the, text, data, graphics, images, photos, video or audiovisual content, hypertext links and any other content uploaded, transmitted or submitted by Social Number Registered Users to or via the Site and Services.
However, by making available any User Content through the Site and Services, you hereby grant to Social Number a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast and otherwise exploit such User Content in any and all media or distribution methods (“License”). By way of example and not limitation Social Number may modify or adapt your User Content in order to transmit, display or distribute such submissions over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your User Content as are necessary to conform and adapt your User Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media. Social Number also has the right to make your User Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with Social Number. Such uses by Social Number or other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with us may be made with no compensation to you with respect to your User Content or otherwise. This License ends when you delete your User Submission or your account unless your User Submission has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
While the ability to remain anonymous while using the Site and Services is a valuable feature provided by Social Number, your anonymity is not guaranteed. Social Number will never reveal your identity or provide your name or email address to any third party, unless required to do so by law, for example to comply with a warrant or subpoena.
It is important that you post and share User Content with care. Any User Content you post on Social Number that is viewed by other users, may lead to a user identifying you. Social Number is not responsible for any identities revealed by any users accessing or using the Site or Services. Only reveal your identity to those that you trust will not divulge your identity to other users.
Copyrighted Materials: No Infringing Use
You will not use the Site or Services to offer, display, distribute, transmit, route, provide connections to or store any material that infringes copyrighted works or otherwise violates or promotes the violation of the intellectual property rights of any third party.
(A) Copyright Complaints
Social Number respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow our Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement set forth below.
(B) Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Social Number’s copyright agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Social Number that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, including the auction ID number, if applicable;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Social Number’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on its website can be reached as follows:
Social Number, Inc. Legal Department
47000 Warm Springs Blvd, Suite 1-166
Fremont, California 94539.
It is Social Number’s policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable intellectual property law and to terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Site and Services (“Feedback”). You may submit Feedback by emailing us at email@example.com. You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback will be the sole and exclusive property of Social Number and you hereby irrevocably assign to Social Number and agree to irrevocably assign to Social Number all of your right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback, including without limitation all worldwide patent rights, copyright rights, trade secret rights, and other proprietary or intellectual property rights therein. You understand that Social Number may use your Feedback without any obligation to compensate you for it, just as you have no obligation to provide any Feedback.
Interactions between Users
You are solely responsible for your interactions and communication with other Users. You understand that Social Number does not in any way screen its Users, nor does Social Number inquire into the backgrounds of its Users or attempt to verify the statements of its Users. Social Number makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of Users or their compatibility with any current or future Users. We do however recommend that if you choose to meet or exchange personal information with any user of Social Number then you should take it upon yourself to do a background check on said person.
In no event shall Social Number be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of this Service or persons you meet through this Service.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Site, Services or Social Number Content:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any text, graphics, images, software, music, audio, video, information or other material (including User Content) that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v)promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances (including, but not limited to activities that promote or provide instructional information regarding the manufacture or purchase of illegal weapons or illegal substances).
- Bully, intimidate, or harass any User.
- Post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence, or contains Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content; or any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others; is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Promote information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- Provide restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Provide material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- Use the Service in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, any User to buy or sell any products or services through the Service. Although Social Number cannot monitor the conduct of its Users off the Site, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any User without their prior explicit consent.
- Make automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends, is prohibited.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person who is not a user of Social Number.
- Use the Social Number or password of another User at any time nor may you disclose your password to any third party or permit any third party to access your account.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Provide instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- Develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- Use Social Number to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- Do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Social Number, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Social Number functionality.
- Access, tamper with, use or attempt to access, tamper, or use non-public areas of the Site or Services, Social Number’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Social Number’s providers;
- Attempt to access or search the Site, Services or Social Number Content or download Social Number Content from the Site or Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Social Number or other generally available third party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera);
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Social Number trademark, logo URL or product name without Social Number’s express written consent;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, Services or Social Number Content;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Site or Services from other users of the Site or Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Use your Social Number for commercial gain.
- Violate any applicable law or regulation;
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
The Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Social Number is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Social Number of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
Sweepstakes and Contests
THE SITE, SERVICES, SOCIAL NUMBER CONTENT AND USER CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SOCIAL NUMBER EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SOCIAL NUMBER MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, SERVICES, SOCIAL NUMBER CONTENT OR USER SUBMISSIONS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM SOCIAL NUMBER OR THROUGH THE SITE, SERVICES, SOCIAL NUMBER CONTENT OR USER SUBMISSIONS, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
Social Number is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the Site or in connection with the Service provided, whether caused by users of the Site, Users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service. Social Number is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Site or User of the Service. Social Number assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any user or User communication. Social Number is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Site or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users and/or Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Site and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances shall Social Number be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Site or the Service or from any Content posted on the Site or transmitted to Users, or any interactions between users of the Site, whether online or offline.
Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the entire risk arising out of your access to and use of the Site, Services, Social Number Content and User Content and any other content therein remains with you. Neither Social Number nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the site, services or Social Number content will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including lost profits, loss of data or loss of goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute products or services, arising out of or in connection with these terms of service or from the use of or inability to use the site, services or content therein, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or any other legal theory, and whether or not Social Number has been informed of the possibility of such damage, even if a limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose. you specifically acknowledge that Social Number is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
Social Number’s Proprietary Rights & Notices
Social Number owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Site and the Service. All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of Social Number used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Social Number. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective parties. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
Contacting Social Number